Why do you need postural advice for work?
Good posture is essential in protecting your back against injury and long-term damage. It is an incredibly powerful tool in the battle against back pain and will speed up the recovery process too. If you have ever had back pain you will acutely feel the importance of sitting correctly!
The risks of slouching
The above image gives you an idea of what happens to our discs when we slouch (the spine pushes down on the discs, causing a bulge)
If this is done repeatedly, over time it can increase your risk of developing a musculoskeletal issue and will impede your recovery if you currently have back pain .
We slouch either because:
- Our chair and workstation set up is uncomfortable and not appropriate for our individual requirements
- It has become a habit
- Everything is set up to encourage us to slouch – often there are subtle psychological causes.
We therefore aim to correct this through:
- Educating you on how to sit correctly and the benefits to your overall health and wellbeing
- Providing tips and tricks to looking after your back, as well as your physical health for the long term
- Provide you with the tools to help encourage you to sit correctly
- Provide expert advise on the right equipment for you.
We are experts in musculoskeletal recovery if you are experiencing RSI, lower or upper back pain, arthritis, scoliosis, frozen shoulder or just in general discomfort.
It’s the Law to Ensure Your Workstation is Set Up to Reduce the Risks of Back Pain
If you employ more than 5 people, The HSE DSE 1992 Act requires WSA’s (workstation assessments) to be done for all workers, whether they are in the office or working from home. This includes all new employees, for any reported issues or change in an employees health (ie injury or pregnancy), and whenever there has been a desk move (including being new to working from home).
Our Ergonomic Services
Expert Ergonomic Services Include:
- Online Ergonomic Assessment Tool
- One to One Expert Assessments
- A Range of Health and Wellbeing Workshops
- Drop in Ergonomic Session
- DSE Training
Receive expert ergonomic postural advice for the resolution of general to complex, chronic back pain cases for both home and office workers, contact us